Wednesday, August 4, 2010

{Real Parties} Scooby Doo...Done Right!

Here is another character party done right by a mom with serious character aversion like me...and like most of you too! But Rachel shows us how we can turn a commercialized theme into a stylish soiree...similar to the recent Yo Gabba Gabba party I posted.

Homemade party poms!


The "Scooby Snacks" station!
The kids grabbed a bag and filled it up with candy to their hearts delight. It was fun to hear that Rachel learned how to make the table backdrop after reading one of my posts!


How cute that Rachel used dog bowls (channeling Scooby) to serve some of the goodies! She bought inexpensive dog bowls at the dollar store and spray painted them in the party colors!


The party set up at a local pizza restaurant. See, it's not hard to turn a restaurant space into something special and memorable!

The "Decorate Your Scooby Snack" table. The kids decorated sugar cookies in the shape of dog bones...precious!


Rachel made the table runners that were perfect for the theme! The orange pom pom trim screams 70's in the best way.


I know I have mentioned this many times before, but I just love to see how people take a commercialized theme and give it their own twist! Thanks so much Rachel for sharing your adorable party pictures with us!


12 comments:

Lili said...

Wow so fun!

Unknown said...

Rachel is a dear friend of mine in Kansas City...isn't she so talented?! She really did a fabulous job in taking a theme that could be not so cute and made it adorable.

Pink Peppermint Paper said...

Nicely done! Scooby is on our short list for possible themes for our December birthday girl. I also love seeing what can be done with a licensed character situation!

Eleanor
http://site.pinkpeppermintpaper.com/blog

Rach said...

Very different and fun!

Save the Date for Cupcakes said...

So cute. I agree. Love character parties minus all the characters;) Love the hippi colors!

Tiffany said...

I am always on the look out for a great boy theme! Thank you for sharing!!
Tiffany
www.pedicurestopuddles.blogspot.com
The Blissfull life of a 'Boy Mom'

Brittany Schwaigert said...

I want to know how she did that tablecloth! CUTE!

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Cute!

Nina Designs + Parties said...

I love your Blog! and so I left a little something for you in my Blog, would love it if you stopped by...

Nina

http://designsbynina.blogspot.com/

Dawn said...

I love this party! I just did cookie favors for a Scooby party. They would have gone so well with this one. Check out my blog: http://sugarchicbydawn.blogspot.com/2010/08/some-scooby-snacks.html

So fun!

Lapiz de la Guerra said...

I'm doing a Scooby party for my three yo daughter next month and it has been ridiculously hard to find actual parties like this one as inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Scottish Terriers said...

Christi,
What a cool party idea!!!
Enjoyed Visiting your blog its been very informative and I love the layout of it and looks like you have put a lot of time and personal consideration into it.
Without fail, your writing style is top professional; even your website also looks amazing thank you for posting. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. I do hope You will find time to visit mine. Keep up the excellent work.

Scottish Terrier Puppies For Sale In Georgia   and 

Scottish Terrier Puppies For Sale In Ohio

Post a Comment