Tuesday, August 10, 2010

{Recipes} Coca Cola Cake

{image via Bakerella}

Whew...busy, busy last few weeks! It's good to be back! Tomorrow is my hubby's birthday and he has requested my famous Coca Cola Cake. We have not had it in such a long time, so I am super excited about diving into it.

Christi's Coca Cola Cake

Cake Ingredients
1 cup Coke
2 sticks margarine
2 tbsp cocoa
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour, unsifted
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups small marshmallows

Icing
6 tbsp Coke
2 tbsp cocoa
1 stick margarine
1 box powdered sugar

Directions:
Combine Coke, cocoa and margarine and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add marshmallows - stir to melt. Mix flour and sugar. Pour hot mixture over them and mix well. Add baking soda to buttermilk and then add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and salt to mixture. Pour into greased 13x9 pan. Bake 30-45 minutes at 325 degrees.

For icing: Combine Coke, cocoa and margarine and bring to a boil. Pour over powdered sugar and mix well. Pour over hot cake. {You can half the recipe if you do not want it too sweet}


{photo from our recent trip to Round Hill in Jamaica}

Happy birthday to my sweet husband!!! We will be eating lots of cake tomorrow!


10 comments:

Kori Clark said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! You hit a SERIOUS soft spot with me, my two favorites...cake and soda! I am definitely making this recipe soon, thank you for sharing!

jackie fo said...

Aww - you guys are cute :) My husband and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, at Half Moon in Montego Bay - it was paradise!

Lili said...

thanks for sharing the recipe! happy birthday to your hubby!

Petite Marie said...

Wow! It was such a breath of fresh air to see a Coca Cola Cake recipe!!! I didn't think anyone else made that (I've been making it forever, but every time I mention it to people, they look at it funny because they've never heard of it!).
Anyway, my recipe is a bit different, and I actually top it with a layer of sweet condensed milk and then unsweetened shredded coconut! It's very yummy! I'll be trying your recipe too though!

Sandi said...

I am saving this recipe, that sounds delicious!
cute pic- we're glad you're back too! :)

Petite Marie said...

Christi - I actually do not ice this cake. When the cake is still warm, I get a fork and poke some holes all over the top so that some of the condensed milk will seep under and you'll get some sweet goodness in the middle of the cake as well. I literally just pour the can (or carton or jar - depends on the type you're getting) over the warm cake and spread it a little with one of those mini silicone spatulas. Then I get the shredded coconut and sprinkle it all around to cover the entire cake - so the "look" you'll get is of a coconut "iced" cake. Let me know if you make it and if comes out good!

Rach said...

Interesting! I didn't know cola and cake mixed.

Beautiful picture!!

Julie said...

That's kind of funny... my hubby's birthday was yesterday too. He said no cake though because we are on a diet. :o( But maybe next year... Thanks for posting... it looks delicious!

Nashville TV Show said...

Oh I have not had that in so long!! You might have convinced me to whip one up;)

Unknown said...

how did I miss this?! I am dying to try it, sounds delish!

Post a Comment